KNOW BEFORE YOU GO!
Be sure to check out www.portrenfrewcovid.com to learn all you need to know about visiting Port Renfrew during these times.
We are taking this pandemic very seriously, and we want you to know that the health & safety of our guests, staff and community is very important to us. All our protocols will be in place until further notice.
We are grateful for your support and are doing our best; we keep asking for your patience and understanding. Thank you for helping us minimize risk and doing your part to protect yourselves, our staff and our community.
So… What has changed at Soule Creek Lodge?
We are observing all COVID protocols: physical distancing, proper hand hygiene through hand washing and hand sanitizing, increased cleaning and sanitizing - especially of all high-touch surfaces (door handles, switches, doorbell, etc), coughing etiquette, and signage. Our staff has been trained on all the new protocols, observes all guidelines and knows not to come to work if sick.
Please ensure that you can follow our Code of Conduct. By booking with us, you agree to the following:
- Please maintain physical distancing (2 m / 6 ft) from our staff and from other guests, and when not possible, use a face mask.
- Wash your hands frequently using soap and water for 20 seconds, and please use the hand sanitizer put in your room. Please do not take the hand sanitizer home. Use the hand sanitizer station at the front door before ringing the doorbell.
- If you feel ill, please let us know, and we will happily reschedule or cancel your booking, free of charge.
- If you develop symptoms after visiting us or discover that you have been in contact with someone who is sick, please let us know so we can take the appropriate measures to ensure our staff and guests know to be vigilant
Below are some of the protocols we have put in place.
- A “24 hour safe window” in between guests has been implemented, meaning rooms are left empty for 24hrs BEFORE and AFTER your stay.
- Our dining room remains closed until further notice.
- All food establishments in Port Renfrew are open: the Renfrew Pub, Bridgeman's at the Pacific Gateway Marina, Coastal Kitchen Cafe, Tomi's Home Cooking, Piero-Pizza & the Seafoam Seafood food truck on weekends. You can find more details (hours of operations, maps, etc) inside the binder we give you at check-in.
- We are now offering dessert for takeout. Please inquire upon check-in or come ring the doorbell and let us tell you more about what is available.
- We are providing breakfast baskets that guests pick up at an agreed time to be enjoyed in the comfort and safety of your room.
- Our communal hot tub is and will remain closed until further notice.
- We are unable to provide books, board games, cards, etc in the rooms at this time. We do have WiFi, but it can be unreliable, so hopefully you can enjoy time off the grid! Downloading shows/movies onto your devices prior to coming here works well.
- Check-in is from 3:30 pm until 9 pm. If you know you will check-in later than 9 pm, we kindly ask that you let us know, so one of our team members stays around to welcome you. Check-out is at 11 am.
What to expect when you arrive?
- Follow the “check-in” signage and stop your car by the front of the lodge. If no one is there to greet you, please use the hand sanitizing station on the railing and ring the doorbell.
- Our staff will present you with a sanitized binder with all the information you might need during your stay: internet password, check out time, information about your yurts/rooms, places to go eat & times of operations, places to go hike, a couple of local maps, tide times for the beach, etc. There is a map of the property on the front page that we will use to direct you to your rented unit.
- We will ask you about your breakfast preferences (coffee or tea? any allergies?) and you let us know your pick up time. To minimize contact, we will ask if it is ok to charge the credit card on file. If it is, we will include the receipt in your last breakfast basket. If it isn’t, we will make a note of it and ask that you come and ring the door bell to settle your bill when you are ready to check out.
- If you are staying in the lodge rooms, please use the hand sanitizer at the front door before coming in, and use the one inside your room before leaving. Your cooperation is very important and we thank you for helping us keep the lodge safe.
What to expect during your stay?
- You won’t be seeing much of us, except at check in, when you come pick up your breakfast basket, or if you come ring the bell at the front door.
- If you are only staying the one night, you can leave your breakfast basket and keys in the room upon check-out.
- If you are staying more than one night, please leave your breakfast basket outside by the front of your deck once you are finished, and we will come collect it. If it is raining, we kindly ask that you bring back the basket on the table by the front door of the lodge. Either rinse your cups and reuse them, or leave them in the basket for fresh ones.
- We are unable to offer housekeeping during your stay. If you need anything, please let us know. Thank you for your understanding.
Thank you for your understanding.