KNOW BEFORE YOU GO!
Be sure to check out www.portrenfrewcovid.com to learn all you need to know about visiting Port Renfrew during these times.Thank you for visiting our COVID-19 page, where we communicate with you what being open under the current COVID-19 restrictions look like for us, and where we hope to answer all questions you might have. If there is anything you would like to know, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us through the phone (Toll Free in North America: 1-866-277-6853, Local: 250-647-0009) or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are taking this pandemic very seriously, and we want you to know that the health & safety of our guests, staff and community is very important to us. All our protocols will be in place until further notice.
We are carefully following the BC Restart Plan and continue to monitor daily updates from the BC Government. Our protocols have been developed following the recommendations from the Center of Disease Control, WorkSafe BC, the BC Hotel Association, and local and governmental health authorities.
COVID-19 has had a huge impact on everyone’s life, and the day-to-day at Soule Creek Lodge is no exception… This has been a challenging time, and we are grateful for your support. We are doing our best and keep asking for your patience and understanding. Thank you for helping us minimize risk and doing your part to protect yourselves, our staff and our community.
So… What has COVID-19 changed at Soule Creek Lodge?
We are observing all COVID protocols: physical distancing, proper hand hygiene through hand washing and hand sanitizing, increased cleaning and sanitizing - especially of all high-touch surfaces (door handles, switches, doorbell, etc), coughing etiquette, and signage. Our staff has been trained on all the new protocols and observes all COVID guidelines and knows not to come to work if sick.
During this time, it is your responsibility as a guest to make sure that you can follow our Guest COVID-19 Code of Conduct. By booking with us, you agree to the following:
- Please maintain physical distancing (2 m / 6 ft) from our staff and from other guests, and when not possible, use a face mask.
- Wash your hands frequently using soap and water for 20 seconds, and please use the hand sanitizer put in your room. Please do not take the hand sanitizer home. Use the hand sanitizer station at the front door before ringing the doorbell.
- If you feel ill, please let us know, and we will happily reschedule or cancel your booking, free of charge.
- If you develop symptoms after visiting us or discover that you have been in contact with someone who is sick, please let us know so we can take the appropriate measures to ensure our staff and guests know to be vigilant
Below are some of the protocols we have put in place.
- We initially reopened only our yurts and cabin (June 11th), tested our new routines successfully, and now have expanded to opening our 3 rooms inside the lodge located on the main floor.
- A “24 hour safe window” in between guests has been implemented, meaning rooms are left empty for 24hrs BEFORE and AFTER your stay. This is significantly affecting our availability, but the safety of our guests and staff comes first.
- Our dining room remains closed until further notice. While the current physical distancing requirements are in effect, there is just no way for us to operate that space safely.
- We are not offering any option for dinner at this time and apologize for the inconvenience. We were hoping to bring an alternative similar to our breakfast basket, but being remote as we are, it has proven to be too challenging. All food establishments in Port Renfrew are open: the Renfrew Pub, Bridgeman's at the Pacific Gateway Marina, Coastal Kitchen Cafe, Tomi's Home Cooking, Piero-Pizza & the Seafoam Seafood food truck on weekends. You can find more details (hours of operations, maps, etc) inside the binder we give you at check-in.
- We are now offering dessert for takeout. Please inquire upon check-in or come ring the doorbell and let us tell you more about what is available.
- We are providing breakfast baskets instead of our usual dine-in breakfast: we agree upon a time for pick-up when you check in (between 8 & 9:30 am), we go over food allergies/sensitivities, and then at the agreed time, we have a wonderful basket for you to enjoy in the comfort and safety of your room.
- Our communal hot tub is and will remain closed until further notice.
- We are not able to provide "things" to entertain yourself, like books, board games, cards, etc in the rooms. We have a limited selection available upon request and will need to quarantine it for 72hrs after you have used it. We do have WiFi, but it can be spotty unfortunately (the town is maxed out and desperately needs an upgrade, but there isn’t much we can do about this unfortunately). Downloading shows/movies onto your devices prior to coming here would be a great idea, if that is something you enjoy!
- A lot of hotels have chosen to change their check-in (later) & check-out (earlier) times to allow for all the extra cleaning steps required due to COVID-19. Here at Soule Creek Lodge, we feel that it’s not fair to our guests and have decided to keep our hours as they are. You can check-in anytime after 3:30 pm, until 9 pm. If you know you will check-in later than 9 pm, we kindly ask that you let us know, so one of our team members stays around to welcome you. Check-out is at 11 am. Please respect our hard working team and do not come to check in before 3:30 pm, we will not be able to accommodate you. These few hours are essential for us to ensure everything is safe and just right for your arrival.
What to expect when you arrive?
- Follow the “check-in” signage and stop your car by the front of the lodge. If no one is there to greet you, please use the hand sanitizing station on the railing and ring the doorbell. Keep in mind that we are practicing physical distancing and please give space to our staff checking you in. Their health is key to keeping this place running for all of our guests to enjoy!
- Our lovely staff will hand you over a sanitized binder with all the information you might need during your stay: internet password, check out time, information about your yurts/rooms, places to go eat & times of operations, places to go hike, a couple of local maps, tide times for the beach, etc. There is a map of the property on the front page that we will use to direct you to your rented unit.
- We will ask you about your breakfast preferences (coffee or tea? any allergies?) and you let us know when you will be coming to pick up your breakfast basket. To minimize contact, we will ask if it is ok to charge the credit card on file. If it is, we will include the receipt in your last breakfast basket. If it isn’t, we will make a note of it and ask that you come and ring the door bell to settle your bill when you are ready to check out.
- If you are staying in the lodge rooms, please use the hand sanitizer at the front door before coming in, and use the one inside your room before leaving. Your cooperation is very important and we thank you for helping us keep the lodge safe.
What to expect during your stay?
- You won’t be seeing much of us, except at check in, when you come pick up your breakfast basket, or if you come ring the bell at the front door.
- If you are only staying the one night, you can leave your breakfast basket and keys in the room. We will take care of everything after we have waited the recommended time for safe air circulation.
- If you are staying more than one night, please leave your breakfast basket outside by the front of your deck once you are done, and we will come collect it. Either rinse your cups and reuse them, or leave them in the basket for fresh ones at the next breakfast.
- We are not able to offer in-room housekeeping during your stay. If you need anything, please let us know. If you would like to empty your garbage, please close it up and either leave it with your breakfast basket for pick up, or bring it to the front door of the lodge. Towels, linens and anything else you might need is available upon request only. Thank you for your understanding.
- We have increased our sanitation protocols and pay extra attention to all those high contact surface areas.
Thank you for taking the time to read this important information.